Thursday, May 29, 2008

Go The Waratahs!




As an ex-NSW resident and staunch supporter of Waratahs rugby, I could not be happier with the result of last weekends semi-final matches. The Tah's have finally lived up to their potential, and I have to say it's on the defensive side of the pitch.




Kurtley Beale, ex-Joeys boy has really matured this season, and with the young center field, the future looks bright, especially considering the exodus of All-Black players leaving for Europe next season. But, I really have to tip my hat to Phil Waugh and the entire forward pack. A solid lineout and scrum has been the cornerstone of the Waratahs success, and with their crunching tackles and stifling defense, the number of turnovers they create has enabled them to score a number of easy tries all year long.




I have to admit that the prospect of facing the Crusaders in Christchurch is a daunting one, but I sincerely hope that the Waratahs can take their first Super 14 championship and really prove all the naysayers wrong, especially in regards to McKenzie.




I know one crazy rugger in Cebu who'll be barracking for them come this Saturday.




Go Tahs!!!!!

No comments: